Saturday, October 08, 2005

Word from Waveland...

We left out from our last stop in Indiana between 7:30 and 8:00, and drove until 2:00 and pulled into a state park and pitched the tent on the side of the road, it had been drizzling when we pulled up.We stayed awake long enough to throw down blankets.I rose at sunrise and stepped out, and what do I see on the opposite side of the road but the most beautiful camp site in Tennessee stayed long enough to make coffee and it was back on the road again.We were in Alabama when we first started seeing trees broken and shattered.But it did not prepare me for what was to come.The Drive was smooth and both cars made it great.As we came to sunset, the worry of curfew set upon us, as we made our way to hwy603.At one point we stopped for directions, due to a detour sign in the road.This wonderful ole' man said the bridge was open but you had to drive slow, and gave us a short cut.While we were stopped , we got the call from Arjay, and curfew was 11:00, so we'd make it...By the time we pulled in, it was dark, and you could only see what your headlights showed you in many places, but there was lights on in some places.Just what I saw in the dark was enough to make a person cry themselves to sleep.When we got here it took a few minutes to figure out were to park, and where to make camp. We were told to see the beach before we did too much...To have an understandinding of why we are here...So up at 7:30 and it was off to the beach.It looks as if the child of an awsome giant came along and got angry, making pixy sticks and tooth picks out of the trees, and what was left of the homes looked nothing more than piles ofbroke dominios and tinker toys, with a few lincoln logs thown in the mix.But these piles stood twenty feet or more, trees littered with rubish and debre.Humbling every person who sees it.Back to camp to dig in and get to work.The Fred's parking lot is were we are and what a sight.I have to find the words later,but will fill you in.First thing I knew I was elbow deep in stir fry.As lunch was getting ready to be serve I stopped for A few minutes and before I knew it we started on Dinner.After starting three HUGE pots of stew, two pots of potatos for potatoe salad, pork and been, and vegetable soup, I had to stop and find a seat for a minute.And here I am...This is the longest I've sat down since I sat up, and I need to go, We'll soon be done for the night, then I'll slow down and rest...So until next time...I LOVE YOU SHANI, CHRIS, JAMES, RONNIE, and MOM...Thank you all for supporting me...And God Bless Us All....

No comments: