Thursday, April 12, 2007

Life after volunteer work...

Many things have happened since the last time I wrote, I guess you can say that I've been walering in a bit of self pity. As you can probably tell we never reopened, each site kept falling through, so we decided to work on heading north and regrouping.But after volunteering for so long, no one wants to pay you, they expect you to work for free. We have been struggling to find steady work, but it's been sporadic, until now. This morning Ron started a good paying long-term painting job, so our goal is now in sight. I know that I should have felt better after all we have done down here, but we ended up in the middle of some drama mommas, and life began to feel oppressive. No one in my family could go outside without someone trying to pull us into some kind of drama, which I don't need more of(three kids are dramatic enough). It took me a long time to figure out why I was here, just what was I suppose to learn...Then after a heated argument between families, the owner of the land in which we are staying, lent us a movie. the Celestine Prophesies, and I soon realized...I needed to learn how to give to others, without letting others take my own power, and energy.Lesson learned...Now I can look to the future, and quit letting the now get me down...There's too much to look forward to!

No comments: